In this post we take you to the village of Casarabonela. A white village in the Sierra de la Nieves, where its narrow streets, its fountains and its gastronomy make fall in love any visitor.
Agriculture in the Sierra de las Nieves is very varied, highlighting a multitude of different vegetables. Next we will explain how to make a traditional dish of the gastronomy of Casarabonela: El Pipeo.
- 750gr. fresh beans
- 500gr. peas
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 2-4 artichokes
- 1 onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 20 raw peeled almonds
- 3 eggs
- bread crumbs
- ground cumin
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- ) Chop the lettuce into fine pieces.
- ) Peel and chop the potatoes.
- ) Crush the peeled almonds and garlic cloves in a mortar and add cumin to taste.
- ) Heat oil in the pan, add paprika to taste and fry the onion.
- ) Chop the artichokes, recommended to leave them in water with lemon so that they do not oxidize.
MAKE GRILLED BREAD TORTILLITAS
- ) Beat 3 eggs
- ) Mix the beaten eggs with the breadcrumbs, add salt, parsley and garlic until you get a consistent mixture.
- ) Heat virgin olive oil, not too hot to avoid that the inside is not raw.
- ) With a spoon, make small balls with the mixture and fry them.
COOKING AND PREPARATION
- ) In a saucepan, boil the beans, artichokes, peas, potatoes and lettuce with plenty of salt and add the bay leaves.
- ) We add the oil with the paprika that we heat in step D.
- ) Add the breadcrumb tortillas.
- ) When it takes 15 minutes, add the almonds from step C.
- ) Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
VIDEO SABOR A MÁLAGA
Here is a video of Sabor a Málaga where María Cueto, owner and cook of the New Bar in Casarabonela, demonstrates the preparation of the El Pipeo recipe.