Vélez-Malaga & Torre del Mar with its history, culture, gastronomy and coast has everything for a surprising visit for any tourist.
Where is Vélez-Málaga located
Vélez-Málaga is located 39km from Malaga capital with a population of 81.643 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 158km square.
Denonym of the poeple of Vélez-Málaga
The inhabitants are called “veleño or veleña”.
Monument and places of interest in Vélez-Málaga
- Fortress Vélez-Málaga
- Church of San Andrés
- Ancient Sugar Factory Nuestra Señora del Carmen
- Ancient Sugar Factory of Torre del Mar
- Torre del Mar Lighthouse: The original lighthouse was built in 1864 next to the mouth of the Algarrobo River. In 1880 it suffered serious damage due to a storm. The current tower was the result of a remodeling in 1976. The tower is 26 meters high and its light reaches 13 nautical miles (24 km). It emits light signals of 1 and 2 flashes every 10 seconds.
- Toré Toré Lighthouse
- Torre del Mar
- Home Virgen de la Victoria
- Cover of the Hermitage of Las Angustias
- Old castle of Torre del Mar
- Convent of Jesús, María and José
- Monastery of Nuestra Señora de Graciae, “Las Claras”
- Mihrab Bow
- Chapel of the Arrabal de San Sebastián
- Chapel of the Cross of the Lamb
- Ermita de los Remedios: The hermitage was built in 1622 and blessed on August 20, 1649. Its interior has a Latin cross plan and its sanctuary is typical of religious art of the 17th century. The old image was brought from Granada, and the murals were painted by the Veleño Don Evaristo Guerra at the end of the 20th century.
- Chapel of Virgen de la Piedad: The chapel was built in the seventeenth century with profound reforms in the second half of the eighteenth century. The image of the Virgin is located on the upper floor on a large balcony that functions as a high altar. The image is the work of the artist Navas Parejo in 1950.
- Hermitage of Santa Rosalía
- Fountain of Fernando VI
- Marqués de Beniel Palace
- Casa Cervantes
- Iglesia de San Juan Bautista
- El Pósito
Activities in Vélez-Málaga
- Aquevelis: Aquatic park in the Axarquía with a great diversity of pools and slides. Highlighting the slide called Kamikaze of 80 meters high. It also has a Virtual Reality Arcade VRFun.