Where is Coín located
Coín is located 35km from Malaga capital with a population of 22.147 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 169,29km square.
The origin of the name of Coín
In Roman times it was called “Lacibis“, later “La Cobbin” and “Castro Dacuan“, during the Muslim denomination the Arabs would take the name of “Cohine” which phonetically would be Coín.
Denonym of the people of Coín
The inhabitants are called “coíno or coína”.
Monuments and places of interest in Coín
- Church and Convent of Santa María de la Encarnación
- Church of San Juan Bautista
- Hermitage of Nuestra Señora de la Fuensanta
- Tower of the old convent of Trinitarios Calzados
- Cementery of San Fernando
- Park of San Agustín
- Museum “Las visitillas”
- Old arch of fábrica de la luz
- Antonio Reyna Manescau Center