A village within the Guadalteba region where its great past shows in its streets with houses and stately buildings.
Where is Campillos located
Campillos is located 72km from Malaga capital with a population of 8.444 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 187,84km square.
Denonym of the people of Campillos
The inhabitants are called “campillero or campillera”.
Monuments and places of interest in Campillos
- Church of Santa María del Reposo: The temple was built in 1506 with profound reforms in the 18th and 19th centuries with a neoclassical and baroque style. The two covers are among the most beautiful and spectacular in the region. The interior consists of three naves separated by rectangular pillars with semicircular arches, a main chapel, sacristy, and a high altar made of pine wood that contains the image of Nuestra Señora del Reposo in carved wood from the school of Granada.
- Roman Ruins: Located in the Guadalteba Park. The presence of the Roman civilization in the first centuries is not questionable. In the area of the villa, a Roman village dating from the 1st and 2nd centuries AD has been found.
- Yacimientos arqueológicos
- Hermitage of San Benito: Located in monte casino street. The hermitage began to be built in 1578, concluding its construction eighteen years later in 1596. In the 18th and 19th centuries, important reforms have been carried out, in 1992 the last reform as we know it today was carried out.
- Hermitage of Nuestra Señora de Belén
- Hermitage of San Sebastián
- Hermitage of Santa Ana
- Brotherhood Jesús Nazareno de la Misericordia
- Brotherhood del Santo Entierro y Nuestra Señora
For more information about Campillos Village: visit the City Council page